Join the Association of Florida Colleges - DSC Chapter and Get Involved!
Contact one of the team members below to get started.
Who Are We?
A Professional Association for Florida's 28 public community and state colleges, their Boards, employees, retirees, and associates. We actively promote, democratically represent, support and serve the individual members and institutions in their endeavors to provide their students and the citizens of Florida with the best possible comprehensive community college educational system.
Through our Chapter we provide members the opportunity to:
- Network with those who have similar interests and job responsibilities through commissions, conferences, and the annual convention.
- Attend professional development workshops and build long lasting friendships with members from other colleges.
- Learn about legislative processes, receive real time updates, be part of an ongoing legislative advocacy process for Florida's state and community colleges, and through the strength of AFC membership, influence legislative outcomes, such as Florida Retirement benefits and Faculty Continuing Contract.
- Build on your leadership skills, and through workshops and AFC publications, gain "Best Practices" for expanding your professional skills and knowledge.
- Be recognized and awarded by your peers for Exemplary Practices.
- Be part of Florida's only professional association that is for ALL college employees, which provides a pathway for professional development and career progression.
- Be recognized for exceptionally effective and active participation within your local AFC Chapter as well as the Student Development Commission through special service awards.
- Exchange ideas and learn about regional activities, legislative and advocacy updates through the AFC's weekly newsletter, Perception.
- Access discounts, such as rental cars, hotels, and theme parks.
Are there Membership Dues?
Annual membership dues per classification are listed below.
- Full-Time employee: $50.00
- Adjunct Faculty or Part-Time employee: $25.00
- Retirees: $10.00