Instagram Best Practices
The Instagram Community Guidelines will be upheld by the DSC Academic Support Service Instagram accounts (https://help.instagram.com/477434105621119).
- Remember that Instagram is a visual tool, unlike Twitter, which is mostly text. A new post should always include a relevant and high quality visual element.
- Weekly, there will be 2-4 posts to the DSC Academic Support Services pages.
- Post only materials/information that is relevant to the DSC Academic Support Services and its respective sources.
- Instagram posts include:
- Photos of patrons within, around, or outside of the Academic Support Services.
- Book recommendation per week to include a picture of the book mentioned.
- One to two “special days” per week.
- Homework, research, or writing tips and helpful resources.
- Images, and videos relevant and appropriate for the Academic Support Services.
- Events or holidays that are related to the Academic Support Services, Daytona State College, or local community events pertaining to any of the branch campuses.
- Academic Support Services departments will not “like” their own posts, but will “like” comments left by other users.
Using Images and Media
- Ideally, posted photos of Academic Support Service staff will be tagged.
- Staff taking pictures of Academic Support Service students will obtain verbal confirmation, at the minimum, to post photos to various social media. Ideally, students will sign the “DSC Talent Release” form.
- Due to copyright laws, only fair use and public domain images will be published to the DSC Academic Support Services Facebook pages. When using sites like Google Images, conduct an advanced search and select the “free to use or share” usage rights. Give credit to images from sites like Flickr that provide specific creators. To find public use images, search sites like the links below.