Skip to Main Content
Evaluating Internet Sources
- When was the information published or posted?
- Does the information relate to your topic or answer your question and who is the intended audience?
- What are the author's qualifications to write on the topic? Does the URL reveal anything about the author or source? For example: .edu (educational), .gov (government)?
- Is the information supported by evidence and has the information been reviewed or refereed?
- What is the purpose of the information? to inform? teach? sell? entertain? persuade?
Information Literacy: Identifying Your Sources